1. Give your speaker about 45 minutes. You want to get your money’s worth anyway!
2. The MC should be someone who is used to public speaking and someone who is a “people person.”
3. A video is great but please don’t make it 15 or 20 minutes long!
4. Your client testimony will (most of the time) go over on time so plan for a few extra minutes.
5. The plea is not another speech! It should not take more than 5-10 minutes. The plea should be given by the speaker or by someone who experienced.
6. Singing is great but please don’t make it a concert or have acts like dancing or puppet shows (yes I’ve really seen this!)
7. You really only need a few short speakers before your Guest Speaker. Ten different speakers and/or entertainment segments is too much!
8. Silent auctions are usually very successful. Be sure to look online for free giveaways, free trips and ask businesses in your area to donate. Don’t be afraid to ask! Please don’t have a live auction!
9. If your Executive Director cannot speak, do your ministry update by video. Then your Executive Director can say a few sentences after.
10. Know what you’re fundraising for. Specifics are great ways to get people motivated to give financially. Let your community know how they can get involved as well.
11. Have your “client testimony” bring her baby on stage!
12. Offer up a few free seats to pastors, other PRC directors, other christian/pro-life organizations, etc. it’s a good ministry opportunity in hopes that they will refer clients to you and hopefully support you financially.
13. Make your centerpiece represent your center. This audience needs to know what’s unique about your center so that they will want to be involved and give!
14. God will put the people there that need to be there.
15. Count your money that night and take the next day off of work! At least that’s what I would do!
These are just some things that I have observed other the past few years as a PRC banquet speaker. Thank you to all that have helped make my journey possible and the PRC’s that have had me speak. I sincerely enjoy every event that I do and have great hope in God for the future and what he will do through each and every center across the world. Thank you to all the Executive Directors, center workers, volunteers and financial donors for doing such wonderful and life saving work!
If you haven’t connected with your local pregnancy center, please do! It’s such a great place to get involved in life saving work! You will be blessed.